Apricot Sorbet and Meringues
- 2 Peaches, pit removed and cut in rough pieces
- 100gr White Belgium Chocolate or any good-quality chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1kg Apricots, cut in ½ and pit removed
- 500gr White Sugar
- 500ml Water
- 2 Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Place all the ingredients in a large pot and cook until the apricots are soft.
- Allow to cool. Then blend and strain.
- Place in the fridge to cool overnight.
- Churn in an ice cream machine. If an ice cream machine is not available, put chilled mixture into the freezer. Whisk every 30 minutes until frozen to create for a light, fluffy sorbet.
- 120gr Egg Whites
- 250ml Castor Sugar
- 5ml White Wine Vinegar
- 7.5ml Cornflour
- In a mixing bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peak.
- Gradually add the castor sugar, until the mixture is stiff and firm.
- Sprinkle over the vinegar and cornflour, and lightly mix in.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag, and pipe small rounds of meringue onto the greaseproof paper.
- Place in the oven at a 100°C for about 2 hours.
- Let cool and break into rough pieces.
- Place the broken meringues, white chocolate and peaches in a serving glass bowl. Top with scoops of apricot sorbet. Garnish with Icing Sugar and Fresh Lavender Flowers.
Place the broken meringues, white chocolate and peaches in a serving glass bowl. Top with scoops of apricot sorbet. Garnish with Icing Sugar and Fresh Lavender Flowers
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.Jackie Cameron
Hartford House, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 33 263 2713