Lemon Meringue Tart Recipe
Males have a sweet tooth. This makes it easy, and the safest bet is lemon meringue tart. Men love it! The tart is made up of the intense, sweet-and-sour flavours of lemon curd; the light, spongy but crisp-textured meringue and the rich-flavoured biscuit base. A sugar high of note!
Yields : 1 Tart
1 pkt Tennis Biscuits
150 g Melted Butter
1 tin Condensemilk
Zest of 2 Lemons
100 ml Fresh Lemon Juice
4 Egg Yolks (Jumbo Eggs)
2 Egg Whites (Jumbo Eggs)
75 ml Castor Sugar
1) Place biscuits and melted butter into a liquidiser until semi-fine. Line the bottom of a pie dish with this mixture and place into the fridge to firm up
2) In a bowl mix condense milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and egg yolks together
3) Pour this into the chilled pie shell
4) Start beating the egg whites and slowly add the castor sugar until whites are firm and all sugar crystals are dissolved
5) Place this meringue on top of the condense milk mixture
6) Bake at 140ͦC for 25 minutes or until meringue is brown
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.