- 1kg Strong white bread flour
- 650ml Luke warm water
- 15ml Salt
- 15ml Brown sugar
- 45ml Olive oil
- Mix your water, olive oil and sugar together.
- Create a mound with your flour and salt. Then make a hole in the centre to create a well.
- Slowly incorporate your water by pouring into the centre of the flour and mixing in the flour as you go.
- Once all incorporated knead your dough for 5 minutes. The dough should not be sticky if so add a little bit more flour. The dough should be firm and elastic.
- Proof this by placing in an oiled bowl in a warm place, covered with a moist cloth for an hour.
- By now the dough should be double in size. Flour a work surface and place your dough on it. Break the dough up into 8 pieces.
- Shape your dough into balls and roll it as thin as possible.
- You don’t want the bases to sit for to long souse within 30 minutes.
- Now for the best part. Spread a thin layer of home-made tomato sauce and any of your favourite pizza toppings.
Please feel free to post any comments or any questions below.
Head Chef | Hartford House