Rose Geranium Ice Cream
Yields : 1½ - 2 litres
- 1l Cream
- 2 handfuls of Rose geranium
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup white sugar
- 20 ml liquid Glucose
- Bring to the boil the cream and rose geranium leaves, when the colour of the leaves change-remove from the heat.
- Cover with a lid of plastic wrap and allow to infuse for 5 or so minutes.
- Liquidise this, strain and return to the heat-bring to the boil.
- While returning this to the heat-whisk the yolks, sugar and glucose very well until light and fluffy.
- Add the hot cream mixture slowly to the yolk mixture-strain again and churn in an ice cream machine.
- If an ice cream machine isn't available place chilled mixture into freezer.
- Whisk every 30 minutes until frozen to allow for a light and fluffy ice cream.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.