Turkey Stuffing Recipe
Sticking to tradition, I like turkey. It's juicy and delicious if cooked correctly. Should you browse through "Larousse Gastronomique" - the world's most famous culinary reference book – you'll see turkey described as a farmyard bird raised for its delicate flesh". A rich, pungent and textured stuffing completes and complements roast turkey. I promise, your guests will be back next year!
Yields: just over 3 cups or about 1.120 kg
160 g Onion
295 g Bacon
500 g Pork Sausages
250 g cleaned Chicken Livers
35 g Pistachio Nuts (chef's note: or any other Nut of choice.I like the green colour of the Pistachio Nuts which adds interest)
6 T Brandy
Salt and Pepper
½ t Nutmeg
125 g Breadcrumbs
1) Sauté chopped onion and bacon and set aside
2) Bring a small pot of water to the boil.Lightly poach livers in water and set aside
2) Squeeze the pork mince out of the sausages
3) Roast and roughly chop the pistachio nuts
4) Mix all the above ingredients together
5) You are now ready to stuff the turkey – under the skin and inside the turkey's cavity
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.