Thai Street Food Recipe
Thai Street Food
Pamko - Chicken/Beef/Offal
- 400gr Chicken/Beef/Offal, roughly cut into strips
- 100gr Cake Flour
- 3 Whole Eggs, lightly whisked
- 100gr Panko Breadcrumbs (Normal breadcrumbs can be used)
- Sunflower Oil for frying
- Place the oil on the heat to get hot.
- Coat the strips of meat: first the flour, secondly the eggs, thirdly the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry in the oil, until golden and the meat is cooked.
- For easy lifting place wooden skewers within the chicken pieces, (we used lemongrass as skewers) and serve with dipping sauces.
This gets served with :
- 5ml Sesame Oil
- 5gr Fresh Garlic, grated
- 5gr Fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 Fresh Chillies
- 200gr Tamarind Paste
- 50ml Tomato Sauce
- 200ml Water
- In a pan heat the sesame oil, fry the garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Add the tamarind paste, tomato sauce and water, cook this for 10 minutes.
- Strain and cool, set aside for later use.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 125ml White Wine Vinegar
- 125ml Water
- 125ml White Sugar
- 4 Fresh Chillies, thinly sliced
- 15gr Fresh Ginger, grated
- 7gr Fresh Garlic, grated
- In a small saucepan, on the heat, place the vinegar, water and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the remaining ingredients and turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Cook until a syrup consistency.
- Fresh Chillies, chopped and marinated in rice wine vinegar.
- Dried Chillies or Chilli Flakes.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.