Tomato and Avocado Salad Recipe
Tomato and Avocado Salad
- 125gr Cherry Tomatoes, cut in ¼
- 2 medium (370gr) Avocado, sliced, seasoned and squeeze ½ a lemon’s juice over the avo
- 65gr Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 170gr Thick Full Cream Greek Yoghurt
- Place all the ingredients on a serving platter.
- 70gr Fresh Basil
- 100gr Flaked Almond, roasted and cooled
- 60gr Salted Butter
- 250ml Olive Oil
- 25gr Fresh Garlic
- 100gr Pecorino Cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a blending machine, blend till everything comes together. Be careful not to over blend as this can cause the pesto to split. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make quenelles of the pesto on top of the salad, you will only use about a 100ml. Keep the rest in the fridge in a sterilised glass bottle for later use.
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the salad, freshly grinded Black Pepper and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.Jackie Cameron
Hartford House, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 33 263 2713