Venison Bobotie Recipe
- 40gr Salted Butter
- 40ml Sunflower Oil
- 2 (335gr) Onions, chopped
- 15ml Durban Masala
- 5ml Turmeric Powder
- 1kg Springbok or venison Mince
- 30ml White Wine Vinegar
- 15ml White Sugar
- 1Slice White Bread and 80ml Milk
- 75gr Raisins
- 45ml Fruit Chutney
- 1x Lemon, zest
- 1 (125gr) Apple, grated
- Salt and Pepper
- 240ml Plain Yoghurt
- 3x Eggs
- 8x Bay Leaves
- Heat a pot, add the butter and oil. Add the onions, cooking them well.
- Add the masala and turmeric, allow cooking.
- Then add the mince, while this is cooking add the vinegar and sugar.
- Squeeze the milk out of the bread, then add the bread to the mince mixture.
- Lastly add the raisins, fruit chutney, lemon zest and apple.
- Season well.
- Place this mixture in a greased tin (19cm x 23cm x 4cm). Mix the yoghurt and eggs together and place on top of the mince mixture. Garnish with bay leaves.
- Place into pre-heated oven at 180ºC, for about 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with Apricot Blatjang and Yellow Rice.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.