What an incredible place and words can never be able to describe how absolutely perfect in every single shape and form Hartford house is. The food is on another level and have yet to taste any restaurant in the whole of Durban that can even come close to Hartford. The rooms every single one of them are special in their own way!
Flew by chopper to this spectacularly picturesque Stud Farm and 5 Star Guest House which is only surpassed by the gastronomic experience at the hands of Constantijn the chef. Food competes at the the level of Le Gavroche in London. Will go back and back and back!!
"We returned again to stay at this iconic place in the KZN Midlands and experienced a fine-dining dinner that probably won't be bettered anywhere in the country. The service, cuisine, wine, ambience and presentation was exquisite." - Pat Symcox
"For this month's Story of a Plate feature we enjoyed a lovely and unusual combination of smoked trout and guava at the picturesque Hartford House in the KZN Midlands. We chatted to chef Constantijn Hahndiek (Tijn, to his friends) about what inspired the plate." - Rossouw's Restaurants by Diners Club
This is a return trip to Hartford House and we enjoyed it as much as ever. What I love about Hartford is that it is not a cookie-cutter five star. The whole stay is an experience and you feel as though you are in the arms of true hosting from start to finish.
Hartford House deserves its reputation as the pinnacle of elegance and sublime cuisine in the KZN Midlands.
To experience the serenity of nature and get a dose of Zululand culture while fine dining at an award-winning restaurant, Hartford House in Mooi River is the place to be.
We stayed at Hartford House for three nights after returning from our honeymoon! The staff are all exceptional and made our stay!
"Passed by Hartford House and it looked pristine and worth a visit . We arrived at about 1350 and lunch had finished but the chef welcomed us and offered us anything on the set price menu..."
This is an amazing place you must visit if you like horses, fine food, great wines and a luxurious stay. The food is precise and delicious. The service is extremely attentive and you can see it is produced with great attention to detail and respect for the quality ingredients.
Many thanks for another wonderful stay. We really enjoyed the excellent kitchen and the very friendly and attentive service. Lake Suite N15 was even better than N13. We had absolutely no complaints and enjoyed every second of our stay... Well Done! We will be back, thanks again.
On the morning of my birthday I decided I wanted to do something special. I contacted Hartford House and without hesitation Duncan Bruce arranged that we could enjoy supper and spend the night in the establishment!
- EAT OUT / DSTV FOOD NETWORK RESTAURANT AWARDS 2013 - Top 5
- TOP 100 SA SHORT LIST WINE LIST - Winner, Inspirational Award 2012
- EAT OUT - Top Ten Restaurants 2012
- LA MOTTE EAT OUT: People's Choice Award - SA Restaurant of the Year 2010/11
- HOUSE AND LEISURE/VISA: Best of SA - Winning Restaurant 2009/10 and 2010/11
- DINER'S CLUB INTERNATIONAL - Diamond Class Wine List 2012
- EAT OUT - Top Ten Restaurants 2010
- DINER’S CLUB INTERNATIONAL & WINE MAGAZINE: Dine Top Ten Deluxe Restaurants
- AMERICAN EXPRESS: Platinum Fine Dining Awards 2007 - 2013
- LA MOTTE EAT OUT PEOPLES' CHOICE AWARD - Restaurant of the Year 2012
- PRUDENTIAL EAT OUT RESTAURANT AWARDS - Top 10 2012
- DINE TOP 10 - Deluxe 2008 voted by Diners' Club International & Wine Magazine
- EAT OUT PRODUCE AWARDS - Judge 2012 / 2013
- CHAINE DE ROTISSEURS - ember
- SACA - KZN Committee Member