Suite 11 - Emanzini
We are blessed on our farms with an abundance of water, with numerous underground springs spread across the length and breadth of the property. The word Emanzini means “at the waterside” in Zulu, and this suite takes its name from its proximity to the swimming pool, the Wellness Centre and the springs. “The Springs” was also the name of the farm in East Griqualand on which Pat Goss snr. founded his renowned racehorse breeding enterprise in the 1930’s.
Emanzini was one of the first exercises in building with bricks and mortar for our previously unskilled Zulus, who in our opinion, made an excellent job of what seemed like an impossible task when we first set out.
This suite fronts onto the old wisteria pergola, which dates back to the foundation of the Manor House, in 1875. The Moors, who were the first occupants of Hartford as we know it, initiated a habit of giving to each other a plant or a piece of garden statuary or ornamentation on wedding anniversaries, and the pergola was one of the first of these. Since then, the Ellises and the Gosses have perpetuated this rather quaint habit, and most of what you see in the garden today came about as a result.
- Lounge with wood burning fireplace
- Shower and Bath in Bathroom.
- Under floor Heating throughout
- Covered Veranda
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities
- Fresh fruit and sherry in suite. Replenished Daily
- Satellite Television with over 25 channels to choose from ( not flat screen- will be upgraded and amendment sent)
- In-room CD/DVD players
- Charlotte Rhys amenities, luxurious bathrobes and slippers
- Housekeeping service twice daily including a full turn down service
- Heated towel rails
- Well stocked mini bar
- In-room safe
- Laundry Service provided